Zinc is a material that‘s not often considered to be integrated into a home. I agree, nevertheless I‘d like to show why zinc is a great material for all kinds of interior design, may it be as decor item or as furniture.
Originally used outdoors zinc became recently more and more part of the interior design. Its versatility and natural finish makes it perfect for creative interior design creating that unique industrial-like style that so many love.
The advantages of adding zinc into your tiny home are many. One of them is the sturdiness that comes with the material zinc. Having for example a planter made of zinc guarantees you many years of usage. Zinc holds up against daily wear and tear better than plastic or wood – wherever and in whichever form you add it to your home.
Another plus of zinc is its superior characteristic around hygiene and safety. It doesn’t matter if you add zinc as furniture or decor, it will be very easy to maintain and clean.
And last but not least, zinc looks so elegant and sleek creating just that feeling you might love about the industrial or Zen style.
I read somewhere that adding that metal look to your home is hot. Interior design trend setters speak about it since years, and it‘s just getting more and more accepted and appreciated.
The metallic feel of zinc creates that certain contemporary look that owners of modern homes love so much. I also see zinc easily added to Zen-like and minimalist styles. But zinc fits as well into a country style or rustic home. In my opinion zinc is even one important part to create that beloved rustic style.
Wouldn’t this just be perfect for a tiny house? I see zinc just everywhere, tiny house, small apartment, RV, houseboat, camper, every tiny living essentially. Find here three ideas of how you can add the material zinc with its creative and unique look to your home design.
Zinc Rustic Metal Rectangle Planter
- With an uneven black hand painted effect
- Pack of 1 piece
- Size: 4“ x 5“ x 28“
- Perfect terrarium container for planting succulent, airplant and cactus
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- Rustic feel of the zinc metal for a contemporary industrial look design
I love these planters. I love the look of them. Very well made and will last for years. I wanted planters that didn’t bow out in the middle after planting my plants and this was just perfect for that.
Just as pictured. Very sturdy and well made.
Since this review was written, Modern Vase & Gift has discontinued selling this product. An alternate is now available.
1-Light Wall Sconce in Weathered Zinc Finish
- Made from thick clear glass with solid cast hardware
- Designed with an industrial aesthetic
- For one 60-watt medium base bulb
- Available in weathered zinc finish
- Size: 14“ extended length x 9“ width x 14“ height
This is a BEAUTIFUL light fixture. Heavy and solid and would work both indoors and out. My electrician commented that I must have spent a lot on my lights while he was installing it. I used two of them over open shelves in my kitchen and they look great.
Zinc Top Weathered Oak Wood End Table
- Natural honey finished crossed x-shaped trestle support
- Zinc table top with ample space for display and storage
- Features a rustic country look
- Durable sturdy metal withstands years of use
- Made of MDF and popular wood
- Table top thickness: 1.18“
- Size of end table: 24“H x 26“W x 24“D
This table is awesome! Beautiful addition to our family room. It’s sturdy, doesn’t feel like it will fall over, and is a nice size. We’re very happy with this purchase!