I can’t write about Chinese interior design style without mentioning Feng Shui. You know me from previous posts, I am a fan of Feng Shui and I try to follow the rules in a reasonable way. Besides Feng Shui Chinese interior style has a certain fascination that makes every room look mystical and at the same time comforting.
I would recommend to just add Chinese design elements here and there to your tiny home. Doing so you won’t overwhelm your home style – except of course you’re a fan of Chinese design in whatever form it comes.
The Chinese interior design style is known for its ornate characteristics and bold colors. By integrating only a few pieces and basic accessories in Chinese style you will be able to keep your home simple and emanating calmness.
By adding just one or two elements of Chinese interior design such as this lovely Beijing Filigree garden stool – which by the way you can place just anywhere in your tiny home – will display its high quality and works as intriguing eye catcher.
Coming back to the bold colors that Chinese interior design generally likes to express: the signature color in Chinese styling is red. Red symbolizes good luck.
It’s as I said above, I can’t write about Chinese interior design without speaking about Feng Shui which is a prominent practice in Chinese interior design. The Feng Shui principles tell that all objects at home, the way they look and are arranged, have an impact on health, prosperity and just in general on the well-being of the people living and being in that home.
When you read about Chinese interior design style you might encounter articles writing about the Asian style. Well, as it is with European Style you can’t put all the different styles under one hat. Asian style encompasses Japanese design and Chinese style, just these two are different and come with a different interior design philosophy.
For you being interested and intrigued by Chinese interior style it might be just enough to find the one piece of furniture or accessory that will create that unique Chinese look you want to see in your tiny home.
If you know somebody who likes Chinese accessories you might find an idea among the following items.
CaliTime Chinese Vintage Throw Blanket for Bed Sofa
- Made of durable 100% lightweight microfiber polyester
- Superfine material, high quality and ultra soft
- Throw blanket, also available for king, queen and full size
- Size: 60“ x87“
- Machine washable cold separately
- Tumble dry low
- Comes also in numerous other themes and colors
Gift for my college-age son. It’s now his *favorite* blanket for bed time, and for TV watching or crashing on the couch!
I LOVE ‘EM. They are incredibly warm, even more soft, and are perfect replacements of duvets for people who tend to run hot.
Amazingly soft and gentle to the skin. I love to cuddle underneath this blanket. Definitely a great purchase!
Beijing Filigree Garden Stool Safavieh
- Classic Chinese fretwork inspired the transitional pierced motif of the spring green Beijing Filigree
- Artful glazed ceramic garden stool for indoor and outdoor
- Seat dimensions: 11“ x 11“ and 18“ high
- Water resistant
- Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
No customer reviews yet
INKWASH Prosperity Chinese FengShui Gold Coins on String
- Includes a set of 10 ancient coins with 2 larger coins in middle
- Length of pendant: approx. 12“
- Diameter of 10 all-around coins: approx. 1“
- Diameter of 2 larger middle coins: approx. 1.5“
- Round shape symbolizes dome of heaven, square center represents 4 points of Earth, coin symbolizes harmony of heaven and earth
- Represents wealth, health and success according to Feng Shui
- Tied to resemble a lotus flower
I like them. I bought them for feng-shui reasons. They are supposed to bring prosperity in your “money” area. The coins are detailed, the thread shiny, and all in all these ornaments look nice as a decor element.
Color quality Is beautiful hope it brings prosperity but it is wonderful to have.
Great addition to my Asian collection. Love it.